Welcome to Paragon’s Level 1 – Groom Tech Program
In Level-1, you will learn basic canine physiology, pet grooming, and handling of dogs including: brushing, combing, clipping nails, cleaning ears, preparatory clipping, bathing, drying, and basic finishing techniques for a wide variety of coat types.
Each lesson in Level 1 is organized with a Study Guide, online content to review, reference to required reading, video demonstrations, illustrations, review quizzes, a final online test and three practical assignments for which you will upload photos of your work.
Included with this program: Access to the Level 1 portal which includes reading material, videos, and testing. You will also receive a grooming Tracking Journal and are permitted access to the private Facebook group: Students and Graduates of The Paragon School of Pet Grooming, as well as training support through the Paragon Call Center or online.
Commonly Asked Questions
- 6.1: Study Guide
- 6.2: Video Lesson – Smooth or Short Coated
- 6.3: Video Lesson – Combination Coated
- 6.4: Video Lesson – Wavy Coated
- 6.5: Video Lesson – Curly Coated
- 6.6: Video Lesson – Natural Long Coated
- 6.7: Video Lesson – Heavy Coated
- 6.8: Video Lesson – Wire Coated
- 6.9: Video Lesson – Silky Coated
- 6.10: Test: Bathing & Drying Skills