For Employers: Bring Paragon’s Distance Learning Program to your team! Use the form below to create a Sponsor account, where you can register and pay for multiple learners within your organization.
The Paragon School of Pet Grooming’s Distance Learning Program is the ideal training program for an employee in a grooming salon or other pet business! Backed by Melissa Verplank’s in-depth curriculum and award-winning textbooks, you can count on your graduate learning the best techniques and business practices to bring value to your company. We provide strong mentoring, feedback, and the flexibility to help trainees learn while they earn! Choose a single course or bundle and be sure to add your textbooks and toolkit. When you register your student, he or she will receive an email notification with instructions on getting started and an introduction from their Mentor.
If you are NOT an Employer, the student must enroll themselves directly here:
Individual Student Enrollment
Already Have An Account? Sign In Here:
Don’t Have A Sponsor Account? Sign Up!
Distance Learning Program Enrollment Requirements
- No previous experience is necessary for our Level 1 Groom Tech Program.
- Successful completion of the Level 1 Groom Tech Program is required to advance to the Level 2 Pet Groomer Program.
- All applicants are required to be at least sixteen years of age, have a genuine concern and affection for animals, be able to stand for a minimum of four hours at a time, and easily lift up to forty pounds. Credit is not granted for previous training.
Register to Access These Options for Your Learners:
STEP 1: Choose Course OR Bundle
Nails and Ears Technician Program (Sponsored)
$199.00 for 1 month
This 30-day program teaches nail trimming, nail filing, plus ear cleaning and proper care. Students will also learn safety and Sanitation, pet handling basics, and an introduction to common grooming products. Textbooks are not required for this course.
Level 1 – Groom Tech (Sponsored)
$1,029.00 for 4 months
This is the foundation course for all aspiring groomers who wish to work in a dog grooming facility. Pet psychology, pet-handling, bathing, brushing, drying, nails, ear-cleaning, sanitation, customer service, and clipper handling are taught through videos, interactive tests, and practical work supervised by a Mentor. Estimated time to complete: 5 weeks.
Level 2 – Pet Groomer (Sponsored)
$1,029.00 for 4 months
Level 1 is a pre-requisite. This course teaches intermediate grooming skills necessary for dogs encountered in a typical grooming salon. Clipper trims, basic scissoring, head styling, body part structure, pet health and pet CPR are taught through videos, interactive tests and practical work supervised by a Mentor. Estimated time to complete: 10 weeks.
STEP 2: Add Textbooks
Please note that the textbooks are required, with exception of the Nails and Ears Program.
Includes the following:
- • Canine Terminology by Harold Spira
- • The New Complete Dog Book 22nd Edition by The American Kennel Club
- • Notes from the Grooming Table 2nd Edition by Melissa Verplank
- • Notes Pocket Pal 2nd Edition by Melissa Verplank
- • Theory of 5 by Melissa Verplank
- • Groomer’s Guide to Pet First Aid, Injuries & Health by Boyd Harrell, DVM
COVID-19 Shipping Update: Due to the current global situation, shipments may experience some delays, but please rest assured your order will still be delivered to you. We appreciate your patience.