Enrollment Requirements for On Site Training (to enroll for our Off Site/Distance Learning Program, click here)
- No previous experience is necessary for the 600 clock hour Pet Styling Career Track Program, the 240-hour Fast Track Program, or the 80 hour Bather Assistant Programs.
- Previous professional experience is necessary for the 120 clock hour Skill Enrichment Classes, and a special enrollment questionnaire must be completed prior to entering this training program.
- Applicants must have a genuine concern and affection for animals.
- The minimum age for acceptance is 18 or be a high school graduate.
- All students must successfully pass the Entrance Exam prior to starting any Paragon grooming program.
- Professional pet grooming is a physically active profession. To excel in this profession, a prospective student needs to stay mentally focused, be able to stand all day, have good dexterity with their hands and arms, and be able lift up to forty pounds with relative ease.
How to Apply for On-Site Training:
• Submit the completed APPLICATION FORM with a $25.00 Application Fee
• Successfully pass the ENTRANCE EXAM with a score of 80% or higher ($25.00 Entrance Exam Fee)
• Complete the personal or telephone interview
The Admissions Department will review each candidate’s application and contact them to schedule a personal interview, or telephone interview for out of town applicants, prior to acceptance. The school reserves the right to accept or decline an application for enrollment.
An entrance packet along with a school catalog, an enrollment agreement, and loan contracts (if education is financed over an extended period of time), and entrance exam (if student declines the option of the online exam) will be sent to the applicant. The applicant should review all materials, and call the school with any questions. Complete the entire packet and send it to The Paragon School along with a $175.00 tuition deposit. The Paragon School will contact the applicant to confirm a start date. All paperwork must be completed a minimum of 5 business days prior to class start.
Financial assistance is available. Potential students can also seek out STATE LEVEL financial aid resources or visit private lenders of their choice.